Friday, October 9, 2009

Mending, Rain, Homework and Swine Flu!!

What a day!!
Here in Arkansas it has been raining since about 3am this morning... and the temp is continually dropping.
Makes me want to get a book and lay on the couch all day!

But -- that just isn't a possibility. My 15 y/o asthmatic son has been diagnosed with Swine Flu-- he is fine  but has been out of school all week. We have been doing homework-- but did not have his Civics Book so I have helped him look things up online. Have had a nice refresher course in Executive, Judicial and Legislative Branch-Concurrent Powers-Rule of Law-Spremacy Law, etc...
:)

As for my sewing progress-- I got all of my mending completed last night!! YAY!
I felt I had to complete that before I could sew any project... the husband had several (5!) pairs of work jeans in the pile-- so I know he's happy now!
My next project will be a cover for my Daughter's Cricut Expression she just received as an early birthday present. ...Man I am loving this thing-- can do so many different things with it!...
I am just measuring and will make a simple slip cover with elastic around the bottom. Also think I may add a pocket on the back side for the cord to go in.

Will have pics and an update tomorrow!

Take Care and Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment