Thursday, October 8, 2009

First Blog

I have come up with the idea of Blogging about my sewing/craft/projects to keep me motivated! If I am giving updates... then I need to have real progress!! ... that's the idea anyway!LOL!

I have sewed since I was a very young girl... can remember getting a stool to stand by my grandmother to watch while she sewed.  Love making people clothes-- absolutely hate making doll clothes! they are just too little! Love making useful things... I have made many "hunting accessories"  -- small game bag worn on the belt-- hunting vest-- knife holder for the belt, etc... (For this reason I have lots of camouflage material)

So to motivate myself to get started I have made a list:

REASONS WHY I SHOULD SEW_SEW_SEW!!!!

  • I have WAY more material than one person should have... (have thought about selling some on Etsy or eBay... just can't bring myself to it!)
  • I have idea books, patterns, patterns and instructions printed off a different websites--
  • LOTS of embellishments and notions and elastic and zippers and thread --
  • I have a new Kenmore sewing Machine and a Singer Serger--
  • My kids are getting older--so no toddlers to run after--
  • I am not working at the present time--so I have PLENTY of time--
  • Christmas coming up-- plenty of time to make several presents--

So here goes! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment